Escape to the beauty of nature and take an unforgettable trip to the heart of Maine. A birdwatcher’s paradise, the state is home to a wide variety of species while both fall and spring are excellent times to witness the yearly migrations. A true bucket-list item for bird lovers, visit our Camden, Maine boutique hotel, and fall in love with Maine birding. It is one of the most unique events in the area and may just make you a fan for life.
The Joy of Birding in Maine
Maine is host to a birding experience unlike any other. Witness our native bird population return to their nests after spending the colder winter months away. Relax and watch the skies for a peaceful day enjoying the gorgeous colors and migratory habits of our native bird species. For those considering a visit, the spring migration is ideal for getting away from the crowds and enjoying the birds! The season is for warblers in Maine and lasts from late April to late May.
Our MidCoast Maine & Islands Birding Trail
The Inn at Sunrise Point is the perfect home-away-from-home for all your New England bird watching needs! Make sure and book 3+ nights so you have time to visit both the north and south sites during your stay with us. We highly recommend checking out these spots as they provide fantastic views and are all within an hour’s drive of the Inn.
- Camden Hills State Park: Overlooking Penobscot Bay, this state park has beautiful natural scenery, is ideal for bird watching, and is only five minutes away from the Inn!
- Beech Hill Preserve: 15 minutes from Sunrise Point, Beech Hill is one of the few bare-topped hills in the surrounding area and provides an unobstructed view that is perfect for bird watching.
- Weskeag Marsh in South Thomaston: One of the most popular birding spots in the area, the Marsh is home to a variety of waterfowl and is a scenic 30 min drive away.
- Belfast Harbor: 25 minutes from the Inn, Belfast Harbor is a great place to check out birds in the nearby Passagassawakeag River and is also a great opportunity to explore the city!
- Sears Island: For the experienced birdwatcher, Sears Island is 40 minutes away but provides easily some of the best bird watching in the area. With beautiful beaches and natural surroundings, it’s the perfect place to watch birds in their natural habitat.
- Fort Point State Park: With a beautiful lighthouse and serene views of the Atlantic, Fort Point is certainly worth the 45-minute drive! Out on a point, you can see the ocean all around you, providing an ideal place to see shorebirds and take in that fresh sea air.
Be an Early Bird in 2021
You are already out there watching birds, so why not be an “early bird” yourself and take advantage of our Early Bird Special! Reserve 3 or more nights for May of 2021 and get $75 off your room rate each night. Book an incredible birdwatching retreat just in time for the spring migration and enjoy all the thoughtful touches that make The Inn at Sunrise Point so special. Well appointed rooms with King or Queen beds, private decks, cozy fireplaces, jetted tubs and our five oceanfront acres are just some of the indulgent amenities that will turn your birdwatching adventure into a luxury getaway. Fill up each morning with a sumptuous breakfast to get you started on your day of filling out your birding journal! Book your Maine adventure today and prepare for an unforgettable stay in Camden.Book Now